Just because you can’t enjoy a night out at the theater, doesn’t mean you can’t have a family movie night! We’ve even made Family Movie Night a weekly thing because, well, there’s not much else to do while in quarantine. I gathered up a list of some current must-watch family shows, a list of the best family movies of all time, and a bucket list of family movies and activities to keep things interesting.
Family Movies Must-Watch List
The first thing you’ve got to have for a movie night is an actual movie! Whether you’re watching it on your TV or through a projector, the movie is the whole point to the evening. These titles are “must watch” because when quarantine ends you’ll want to be able to talk about the current stuff with your co-workers. Plus these are new enough your kids might not have seen them 300 times yet. So, without further ado, here is a list of the current must-watch movies to add to your family movie night:
- Trolls World Tour
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- The Call of the Wild
- Frozen 2
Ultimate List Of The Best Family Night Movies
If you’re not into the new releases, then it’s time to open up the vault and introduce your family to some of the best movies. So the next family movie night, try one of the titles from this list on for size. Also, you should totally add some air-popped popcorn to your evening. It’ll help things feel a little more official. Here’s a list of the best family movies for your movie night:
- The Princess Bride
- E.T. the Extra Terrestrial
- The Incredibles
- Toy Story
- The Sandlot
- Spirited Away
- Homeward Bound
- Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
- Star Wars (have a marathon!)
- Harry Potter (marathon part 2)
- The Wizard of Oz
- The Sound of Music
- The Karate Kid
- How to Train Your Dragon
- The Parent Trap
- Free Willy
- A Little Princess
Family Movie Night: Bucket List
If you’re trying to make your movie night the best, I’ve got a bucket list for you! This list is meant to keep people interested and engaged when a movie night routine can get a little drab. The most important ingredient to make a movie night the best, is to have fun while you’re making memories together.
- Make a fort to watch the movie in
- Take a drive and watch a movie in the great outdoors
- Make a movie theater in your backyard
- Watch a movie in the bathtub! Fill it full of blankets and pillows.
- Make a themed snack that pairs with your movie (cauldron cakes with Harry Potter, Blue Milk with Star Wars, etc.)
- Place a mustache/kiss lips on your tv. Every time a character lines up with the mustache or lips, pause the show because everyone has to run a lap around the backyard or do a dare.
- Movie Night Bingo: Make a bingo card for the movie with words/people/places. Whoever wins Bingo first gets a prize! Grab some Bingo cards here.
- Make a Movie-related craft: if you’re watching The Lego Movie, have a Master-Builder contest. For a movie like Goonies, have a scavenger hunt!
The most important part of any family movie night, is to have fun together. Whether you go off a list, choose your families favorite films or the best-ranked ones, it’s a great time to sit down and watch a show together while making memories. What are some of your favorite family movie night traditions? Share them in the comments below!
Leave a Reply